Friday, January 10, 2014

Why We're Here

I haven't yet said what my purpose here is. I suppose I better.

I'm a political science major who has worked in politics in various ways since graduation 2+ years ago. I've written a politics blog in the past. But recently, I've felt a calling into ministry. After seminary, I will go for ordination in the United Methodist church.

I've always been interested in religion and how it intersects with politics and government and public policy. My wife is a youth minister and former religion student, and we've been very involved in social justice ministries, mostly in Oklahoma. It's the same emphasis I want to have in ministry. Personally, my faith feeds my political views. It's impossible for me to separate the two.

I want this blog to look at political and social issues from a progressive Christian viewpoint. I want to advocate for policies based upon how I feel led by faith. So expect propressive politics, progressive Christianity and lots of debate. I urge you to participate. Leave comments, and expect my response. This should be a place of discussion as much as me stating my opinion. And please, keep it PG, and no personal attacks against others. Keep it civil or you will be asked to leave.

Most of all, be honest and open and willing to think critically about politics and faith and how they work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment